Tuesday 13 August 2013

Rascal's Rainbow Rancheros

So I got up one Sunday morning & my Zippy fella was hankering for Huevos Rancheros after having them for brunch in Dillinger's Restaurant http://dillingers.ie/ one Sunday so, I looked in the cupboards & thought to myself, I can do that...

  1. So I sweated a half diced, half sliced onion, added a few cloves of finely chopped garlic.
  2. Chucked in some sliced leek & spring onions, 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes, then left it to simmer for 10mins. 
  3. Then in went a finely diced whole chilli (seeds removed), fresh corriander & sage, roasted peppers, sundried tomatoes, & sliced chorizo. 
  4. Finally handful of fresh basil, then I made space & cracked in my 4 eggs in & added a pinch of chilli seeds in the yolks & pepper, let cook carefully, maybe put the lid on for a bit of a steam. 



     5. Serve 2 portions on a multi-seed pitta (healthiest) or tortilla with diced avocado on top. 



Umbulé umbulé Rascal's Rainbow Rancheros at the ready!  :D

P.s I made my rancheros again last weekend and this time I added mushrooms, olives and chilli flakes into the just cracked yolks, then sprinkled grated cheese on top for divilment..  



And I had some lovely crusty french baguette to mop up all the gooey goodness, mmmmmmm....

1 comment: